Tuesday 2 March 2010

Hot Cockles suffers a Hiatus

I am not a poet, a writer or an artist. I am not a scholar, a critic or a connoisseur. I am simply a person who enjoys, appreciates and quite often finds myself lost in the expression of others.

If you haven't read it before, or for a while, I'd recommend obtaining a copy of Alice in Wonderland. It is quite possibly the most absurd book I've read, and one of the few that has never ending appeal and enjoyment contained within it's precious pages. If there were ever an expressive piece to challenge your imagination, this is it.

There are many other books, works of art and pieces of poetry that I'd recommend given half the chance. Today, I'll settle with sharing a poem I earlier happened upon whilst looking for inspiration in a book of poetry that resides on my desk. As much as I'd like to write about what's on my mind, what I'd like to do now, what I can't understand and what I'd like to happen next it's nothing that hasn't already been said.

This, however, is a shortened version of where I am right now:

"The day he moved out was terrible -
That evening she went through hell.
His absence wasn't a problem
But the corkscrew was gone as well."

- Loss, by Wendy Cope

2 comments:

  1. Bit of black humour there, HC. Chin up love - I'm at odds with myself at the minute for varying reasons. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you imagine if someone took your corkscrew!! :-0

    LHC xx

    ReplyDelete